Fathom Five National Marine Parks is managed by Parks Canada (a Federally funded organization) and offers camping in Flower Pot Island which is part of the National Park. There are six tenting sites on Flowerpot Island, each with a wooden tent platform. The sites are a short walk from Beachy Cove – the main dock on the island.
Access to the island is by private tour boat from Tobermory, your own boat or kayak (experienced paddlers only). There is no dockage for private vessels on Flowerpot Island at present. Paddlers can pull up their canoes or kayaks on shore
- This is not a developed campground, so amenities are limited
- The island is isolated, accessible only by boat. So be prepared for everything you need for your overnight stay at the campsites
- There is no fresh water connection installed, you must carry your own water or plan to purify the bay water
- There is one composting toilet facility near the campsites
- Before going to the island, you must obtain your camping and day use permits from the Park’s Visitor Centre in Tobermory
Overall, camping in Flower Pot island should be considered as a backcountry experience and the campers need to plan accordingly
How to book campsites?
Visitors can book one of the six campsites using Parks Canada online reservation system. On the reservations page, choose ‘backcountry’ tab and proceed to choose the park name and site selection
As of 2023, the nightly fees is $12.75 for one campsite