Updated: 03 April 2023
Looking to buy a new sleeping bag for camping this year? No matter what time of the year you are camping, you must get proper rest to enjoy outdoor activities. Having the right sleeping bag can make a huge difference in the overall experience of your camping trip.
The expanding choices in the market make it a bit overwhelming to take the right decisions. So, we are here to help you out with this with our best sleeping bags for camping for all seasons. Below, you’ll find our pick for best sleeping bags for each season, all of which are well-reviewed and has earned substantial credibility from users just like you.
This article discusses best sleeping bags for Summer, Spring and Fall. For winter camping, please refer to Best Winter Sleeping Bags 2022
1) Mountain Warehouse Microlite 700
- Price: Around CAD $75
- Best suited for: Summer, Sprint & Autumn
- Temperature Rating: Can withstand upto -13°C, but not for regular use in sub zero temperatures
- Links: Mountain Warehouse Microlite 700 (Amazon.ca) or Mountain Warehouse website
If you are looking for a budget option, consider going for the Microlite 700. But being a budget-friendly option doesn’t mean it is a low-quality product. This sleeping bag is an ideal choice for campouts in spring or autumn. It is pretty comfortable and made of dual-layer construction and long-lasting rip-stop fabric. With the mummy shaped-design, it will fit pretty comfortably, and there is a 2-way continent zip to get in and out if you are in a hurry.
This sleeping bag also comes with microfiber insulation – a synthetic alternative to down, which is why it has a convenient price tag on it. The two-way zip also helps in allowing you to control airflow within the bag. You can keep it full way up or halfway down according to your needs. The zippers come with storm flaps to prevent rain or wind from entering the zip as it covers the mechanism.
This sleeping bag also comes with inner pockets to keep your valuables safe and right next to you when you are sleeping. It weighs slightly over a kilogram, so it is pretty comfortable carrying with you. Moreover, you can comfortably zip a couple of these bags together to create a double sleeping bag. Just keep in mind to buy a right-hand zip and a left-hand zip if you want to utilize this feature.
The bag is rated 25.6F to 34.6F, making it an excellent choice for traveling and trekking. In addition, you can use it for extreme temperatures as low as 8.6F. However, keep in mind that it is only the survival temperature. This bag is not rated for regular use in these temperatures.
- Excellent choice for spring and autumn seasons.
- Microfiber insulation for proper heat retention.
- 2-way zipper for convenient opening and ventilation.
- Storm flaps on zippers to keep rain and wind out.
- Internal pockets for placing your electronics.
- Mummy-shape for nice and cozy fitting.
- Not made for extreme temperatures.
2) Kelty Cosmic 20
- Price: CAD$200 – $300
- Temperature Rating: Upto -6°C or 21°F
- Best suited for: All rounder suitable for spring, fall and mild winter
- Links: Kelty Cosmic 20 (Amazon.ca) or Kelty Cosmic 20 (REI)
The Kelty Cosmic 20 is a 3 season superstar with 20-denier nylon shell and 550-fill-power duck down. The trapezoidal baffle construction promotes heat retention and thermal efficiency, and is a good choice for colder temperatures. This bag has a natural-fitting foot box to keep your feet comfortable while resting inside it. You won’t have to maintain any postures while laying down inside it.
Furthermore, it comes with a PFC-free coating and is water repelling. So you won’t have to deal with any congestion or precipitation while being warm inside the sleeping bag. It still keeps you warm while maintaining the temperature comfortable for you. No more cold sweats, no matter how long you stay inside it. Moreover, the fabric is also DWR coated, which will not tear up that easily. As a result, it is a travel-friendly sleeping bag that you can use for hiking and camping, no matter where you are. With an internal zipper and electronic pockets, you can keep your gadgets next to you.
This sleeping bag also comes with its stuff sack, so you can conveniently carry it no matter where you go. It also features dual slides for proper ventilation, and these sliders come with locking zippers. You can easily open them up when the temperature gets much more comfortable. It will keep you more comfortable for longer periods.
- Quality 20D nylon shell and 50D polyester liner.
- Duck down filling for retaining warmth.
- Lightweight design and easy to carry on the go.
- Internal zippered pockets for electronics.
- Zippered draft tube with anti-snag construction.
- Not many cons. Priced at a medium range, offers value for money
3) Ecoopro Warm Weather Sleeping Bag
- Price: CAD$30
- Best suited for: Hiking, backpacking and warm weather camping
- Light weight and can be packed to just 11″ in height and 1.7lbs in weight
- Link: Ecoopro Sleeping Bag (Amazon.ca)
This is a warm-weather sleeping bag, so size will be an immediate benefit for you. As there is not much material, this sleeping bag is pretty easy to carry and is extremely portable. Furthermore, it comes with a compression sack that allows you to fold and keep the sleeping bag portable.
This sleeping bag is an excellent choice for hiking, backpacking, and camping. It is available in six different colors and is suitable for kids and adults. The fill material is polyester, while the outer twirls are nylon. The nylon is waterproof and is extremely durable to tackle outdoors. This material is 100% breathable and hypoallergenic. This sleeping bag is comfortable between temperatures of 55 F to 60 F. It also has a smooth zippered closure, and it is pretty large too.
And the best thing is you won’t have to break your wallet to get it. It means that you are getting the best bang for your buck. This sleeping bag has all the features you need to take on your next camping trip. The maintenance of this sleeping bag is pretty simple. You can conveniently throw it into the washing machine and wash it up. Just air dry the sleeping bag, and it will be new to use again.
- Compact and portable storage bag.
- Lightweight constructions with waterproofing.
- Made of durable nylon and polyester.
- Very easy to clean and maintain.
- Highly versatile sleeping bag suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Only suitable for summers.
4) Coleman Palmetto Sleeping Bag
- Price: CAD $85
- Temperature Rating: 30⁰F to 50⁰F (-1°C to 10°C)
- Links: Coleman Palmetto Sleeping Bag (Amazon.ca) or SportingLife.ca
Coleman doesn’t need any introduction to outdoor and camping gear. Therefore, you can always expect top-quality products from this brand. The Palmetto sleeping bag is no different either. This sleeping bag is made of polyester and cotton fill materials, and its outer shell is made of the same material. So, you can comfortably use it in sub-zero temperatures. A patented zipper system will plow fabric away to prevent any snags from happening. And with the fiber lock construction, insulations also stay in their place no matter how you use them. So it also extends the overall longevity of this sleeping bag.
This sleeping bag also comes with a Roll Control system that will prevent the bag from rolling easily. Plus, with the Quick Cord, you also have access to a patented packaging system that makes storage pretty fast and easy. Moreover, its maintenance becomes much easier as the sleeping bag is machine washable. You can keep it clean all the time before and after your trip. And the best part is that there are three different color options available.
- Quality zipper that won’t wear out over time.
- Polyester and cotton filling with a polyester shell.
- It can fit most heights.
- An excellent choice for colder temperatures.
- Lightweight design, ideal for trekking.
- Comes with a storage bag.
- Only suitable for cold climates.
5) Oaskys Sleeping Bag
One of the most popular 3-season sleeping bags available in Amazon Canada is the Oaskys sleeping bag. It is a top choice for both warm and cool weather, and you can conveniently use it in summer, fall, and spring. This sleeping bag has a lightweight construction that keeps you comfortable while hiking, as you can easily carry it with your backpack. It also comes with a carrying bag for your convenience.
Furthermore, this sleeping bag is entirely waterproof. You won’t have to worry about staying wet and uncomfortable while inside your bag. This sleeping bag is available in 10 different colors, and you can pick the right size according to your requirements. It has a zippered closure type, and the fill materials have polyester. The outer material and the fabric type used in constructing this sleeping bag feature nylon.
This sleeping bag is comfortable for temperatures ranging from 50 F to 68 F. Thanks to the weather-resistant design of this sleeping bag. The half-circle hood of the sleeping bag has an adjustable drawstring that will keep your head warm, and you will be able to deal with extreme conditions more comfortably.
The outer material of the sleeping bag is of 210T premium-quality polyester fabric, while the lining material is made of 190T polyester pongee. It comes with a compression bag that makes storage and carrying extremely comfortable.
And the best part is that the sleeping bag does come with a money-back guarantee. If you think that the sleeping bag doesn’t fulfill your expectations, you can send it back to the manufacturers for a full refund.
- Different sizes and colors are available.
- Made of quality 210T polyester fabric and nylon.
- Highly breathable and waterproof construction.
- Bottom zipper sections to extend your feet out.
- Zipper and velcro strap closure.
- Not suitable for extremely cold weather.
- It tends to be a bit noisy due to its fabric.
6) SwtMerry Sleeping Bag
The SwtMerry Sleeping bag is a 3-season sleeping bag that is an excellent choice outside winter. You can use it in warm or cool weather based on the altitude you are camping. It may not be ideal for extremely cold weather, but the sleeping bag is waterproof and has lightweight materials.
This sleeping bag is an excellent choice for adults, teens, and kids, and you can use it for camping and hiking. It is available in 10 different color options, and you can go for any color of your voice according to your preferences.
It features a zipper closure, and it is filled with cotton material to keep it fully breathable. The outer fabric is made of nylon. The sleeping bag is for temperatures between 41 F to 77 F, while the comfort temperature ranges between 50 F and 68 F.
As it is a lightweight sleeping bag, you can comfortably carry it in your backpack, and for this reason, it is a handy item for hiking too. Maintenance of this sleeping bag is not a problem either, as you can conveniently machine wash it.
Moreover, you can place it in a plush bag to keep it safe and clean and conveniently carry it along.
That’s not all!
This sleeping bag comes with a bottom zipper design. With the separated zipper present right at the bottom, you can comfortably put your feet out of the bag. This sleeping bag is of 210T Nylon that is waterproof and breathable.
The lining material is made of 190T polyester pongee. Thanks to the cotton-filled materials, this sleeping bag is highly breathable. You won’t have to deal with those discomforting sweaty times no matter how long you stay in your sleeping bag on those lazy camping days.
This sleeping bag also features Velcro steps for securing, apart from the zipper. The materials used in constructing this sleeping bag are pretty high quality.
They will last for many years if you take care of them and maintain your sleeping bag properly. Just make sure that you keep it clean before you store it away once the season is gone.
- Suitable for summer, spring, and fall.
- Breathable and comfortable fabric.
- Lightweight to carry and excellent for hiking.
- Excellent for indoor and outdoor use.
- Available in different colors.
- Bottom zipper construction.
- Not the ideal option for extremely cold weather.